To be eligible to participate in the 2009-2010 Resident Educator Transition Program, beginning teachers must:
- Hold a valid Provisional, Career Technical Route B Provisional or Interim License;
- Teach at least two classes or .25 FTE in their area of licensure;
- Be employed by an ODE-chartered educational entity;
- Work 120 days as determined by the State Teachers Retirement System of Ohio; and
- Be assigned an ODE-certified, trained mentor by their employer.
Advancement to a five-year professional license will require evidence of:
- Successful completion of a year-long program of mentoring and support;
- Growth of skills and knowledge (Ohio’s Standards for the Teaching Profession) as measured through formative assessments; and
- Signatures of the beginning teacher, mentor and superintendent on the professional license application form.
- To apply for 5-year Professional License click on 2-Year License Renewal or Advance